Saturday, May 28, 2011

hw 59 prom

Well on Thursday was the sof prom and I decided not to go to it. I don't like the whole idea of getting dressed up and being uncomfortable for hours. I also thought about my money and how I didn't want to waste all of it because I didn't want my mom or dad to pay for an even where I probably wouldn't have fun. When I spoke to people who went to prom, most of them had lost their voices. They also said that prom was okay but it wasn't magical and they said that the people who didn't go to prom really didn't miss anything important. What I did instead was go to internship then movies and then kareoke. I had a blast and I wasted less that 60 dollars and still got home at the same time as every person who went to the after party except I probably came more sober than the majority of kids who went. I feel that prom is the night to go crazy and not be judged. I don't like that though. I'm the kind of person who likes to have a good time but substances are not needed for me to have a good time or to provide a good time for other people. I feel that they give people excuses to act silly and do things they wouldn't do in their right mind. Teens in this day and age feel that to have fun means to drink and smoke and just lose your mind. Its fun if you can do that but maintain control, otherwise it can get dangerous. I had a great time with my group of friends and I feel that even though most of us have never really hung out before prom night was the night where we all bonded and became friends. We all had fun and we all went home super late but not one minute of that Thursday night was boring for anyone I think. From what I heard, prom was a great night, the afterparty was great too, but there is not one part of me that regrets not going to either even. I am happy for the people who went to both events and I am happy for the people who didn't and still had fun doing their own thing. Me not going to prom doesn't mean I am going to miss every event similar to prom. I just feel like in my four years of school I did not have such good memories that I had to go to prom to celebrate them. All of my good memories happened outside of school in manhattan and that is where I spent my time. I got the chance to go to a kareoke place I never been to before and a neighborhood I've never been to. I got to eat lunch at 5am at a diner with friends. I got to see 2 drunk sailors who just got into a fight with someone and had blood on their uniforms. I thought they never even got drunk, but they do. That night I got to experience so many different things instead of sit in a room celebrating something. I had fun. I saved money as well as have fun. I feel that for other events similar to prom are events I probably won't miss. I mean high school is such a small accomplishment in life that many people will probably forget about the prom soon, unless something unforgettable happened to them, positive or negative. I am glad that everyone enjoyed their nights and according to facebook.com the sof prom got some very good reviews and I'm glad that people had fun. As for me, I don't regret anything I did on prom night.

No comments:

Post a Comment